Thread: Favorite old school fishing ads

Default Favorite old school fishing ads

I have collected a lot of outdoor magazines from Field & Stream, Sports Afield and others - some going back to the 1930's and 20's.

Some of my favorites from years gone by

Probably cant find too many lures for a $1 these days

That first one looks like a alabama rig! LOL:ROFL:
    :Fishing:limit out

Thats cool, I actually had one of those little yellow ones with the lightning bolt and the bomber crankbait. They were in some of my grandfathers old fishing stuff along with a pack of Manns jelly worms. Im not sure where they r though, Ill see if I can dig em out and post a pic.
    You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

I found them. They r not in great shape but still cool. I think the paint jobs on lures have come a long way. I just used dish soap and a sponge to try to clean them some and noticed some of the paint started coming off. OOPS. I saw in the picture you posted that the little yellow one is called a deep sounder. I took a seperate pic to try to give you some perspective on the size of that thing in my hand. I dont know if you vertically jigged this thing or casted it, but its very light. My best guess would be maybe a 1/4 ounce. The bomber actually has a tiny blade on a swivel out the back where a treble would be today, and the second treble is coming out the bottom. I think thats a great idea, Id like to see them put a little spinning blade on the back of one of the new age crankbaits. Look out a-rig, here comes the Crank-n-spin!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

squire will have three of those fishing suits hanging in his closet before year's end. i think the pink is def him.

Mmmm....Strohs!