Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite lure from the past?

Default What is your favorite lure from the past?

A few of mine

My grandfather used to have a few of these

Awesome stuff.

helicopter lure.

VA Outdoors Tournament Director

LOL Jay.

I'd say my favorite lure from years back is the good 'ole Beetle-Spin. I cut my teeth back in 6th grade fishing with those things, and I still throw them today some 25-years later. Especially on the ponds with my kids. The first time I ever went fishing was in the 6th grade with some buddies and threw the beetle-spin and probably caught 100 fish that day. I was literally hooked - and it was my go to for years as I learned more and more about this sport. They are great lures for starters, and #'s of fish, which works great for my oldest boy who is now 5. He can easily cast and wind, and get to actually feel the bite rather than watch a little bobber.

Black w/ yellow stripes, white w/ the red dot, and yellow w/ black stripes were/are my go-to's.

I'd be lying if I said I don't have a few in my boat just in case the going gets really really tough...LOL
    Wishin' I was fishin'...
    www.lds.org

For me without doubt was the Mepps Minnow.

Spin-I-Diddee/Nip-I-Diddee, threw it all the time at stumps in a shallow cove on the Connecticut River in Turners Falls, MA. Awesome topwater, they make all kinds of ruckus on the water, I still carry two but don't wet them very often, too many other toys in the box. From looking on the web it seems the Spin-I-Diddee was made by South Bend and the Nip-I-Diddee was made by Luhr Jensen, but they look almost identical. The two I have now are Nip-I-Diddees.

Name:  IMG_6681.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  138.4 KB

My favorite was a big ole black or frog color jitterbug fished at night. I also like Eric's comment on the beetle spin, probably caught more than I should have on that lure.
    Rob
    1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Mine I will have to say is the original floating rapala 21/2" black back white bottom, could catch fish every where. That and a Fred Albracost jitter bug.
    But I have one of every pick I've seen from Brian and Douger
    Never fished with them, found them at a auction
    2017 Ironman winner

This was cool. +1 on Mepps. I have all of my fathers' - maybe 30 or 40 in all. Priceless.

Zara Spook or Beetle Spin!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast