Thread: NOVA Bass 07.12.09 Tournament

Default NOVA Bass 07.12.09 Tournament

Nova Bass Update July 2009

NOVA Bass Anglers fished its fifth tournament of the year Sunday July 12th on the Potomac River, out of Leesylvania State Park. The weather cooperated for the NOVA club and fishing was good for the majority of the guys. Thirteen limits out of seventeen anglers brought five fish limits to the scales.

Top finishers reported catching fish early on moving baits and jigs in grass beds north and south of LSP. Steve Clary took top honors with a 15.23 limit of bass. Steve also claimed big fish honors for the fourth time this year with a 5.28lb Potomac slob. Congratulations Steve on another win and big fish. Second place was claimed by George Hayn III, this guy is red hot just coming off a big team win in the St. Judes tournament with fellow NOVA angler Brad Whitfield. George weighed in a five bass limit weighing 13.98lbs. In a close third was John Fravel with a five fish limit weighing 13.44lbs.
    NOVA Bass will fish its sixth event Saturday, August 22nd out of Leesylvania State Park.
    2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

I was red hott. fished the Warbirds Tuesday nighter tonight. Lost like 1 fish on the frog, 2 on the dipper. It just wasn't my night. Steve and I weighed in at 9.78lbs. Compared to Tanks' 26 lb bag and big fish at 6.98...