Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance 520c not working...

Default Lowrance 520c not working...

I have 2 identical units on my boat. My bow unit was working fine until I made a long run downlake through Memorial Weekend boat traffic on Lake Anna. It was a fairly bumpy, but have been through worse crossing the Potomac. Pulled into a cove, put the TM down, pressed the pwr button and saw the familiar blue screen followed by the we can't be responsible for the gps note - hit exit, turned away to pick up a rod and when I looked down to put the unit on sonar - it was blank. Pressed pwr again - briefly saw the blue lowrance screen, and blanck again. Un plugged and replugged in all of the wires in the back of the unit - again a flash of the home screen and then nothing. Checked all fuses - they are good. The only thing I haven't done yet is to hook it up to the plugs for the console unit which was working fine. Do these units poop out after a couple years? Can stuff inside the units loosen up to the point where they don't work? Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated...
    Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250

G man

I would swap units and see if the problem follows the location or the unit. If it follows the unit, I would contact Lowrance. Make sure you have the serial # of the unit if you contact them, it will speed the process.
    Jr.

Default Thanks

Good idea.....will give it a shot..

I had a capacitor shear off the board inside my X75. I called Lowrance and they told me they would not fix it because it was too old. I opened it up and soldered on a replacement capacitor and it is still working today.
    Kirk

Posted same question on BFHP and someone suggested I shake the unit to see if water was inside. I did and there was. Took unit apart and drained about 2 tbl spoons out. Got it airing out. Anyone know if this means I got to take it in for repair/replacement? Won't be able to test if it's working until Fri.

If you opened it up, Lowrance will probably say you voided the warranty. I think there is a seal on the unit that will indicate it was opened.
    Kirk

Gman just toss that unit in the trash and go get a Humminbird. Problem solved

Good plan on the hummingbird - can't quite swing it though, although soon. Talked to Lowrance today, either a $60 repair or $200 replacement - not too bad. 4 weeks without kind of stinks

Who did you talk to G? If it wasn't Linda Colt, you had the wrong person. She can do better on price to fix and turn around time I believe. I posted her # somewhere in an earlier thread on Lowrance problems.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

those units are supposed to be waterproof. You should be able to just throw it on the water and its supposed to float and everything. there was a bad seal in the unit. Lowrance is starting to disappoint me. Dad and I had problems with our 520c with the GPS reciever, cost 200 dollars to get a new reciever when they should have replaced it for free. Oh well, such is life. Good luck with your unit G.
    "Drive it like you stole it." /hell/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast