Thread: 11/28/09 Jerkin Jimmy's Big Fish tx leesylvania

Default 11/28/09 Jerkin Jimmy's Big Fish tx leesylvania

I just want to thank Jimmy, G-Man and beleive it was Greig and Aaron That all fished yesterday. It was just 3 boats and I was solo, my 4 choices of partners all had other engagments. I have to say they all seemed to be good stand up guys that fished and have to say I'm lucky that we were not doing a five fish limit because they all would have spanked me.
    We launched at about 7 a.m. it was a whole 34 degrees with the winds already starting to pick up and about 1 1/2 hrs of outgoimg tide left. I was headed for occaquan but last minute decided to peel off to the small creek to the left and hit train trescel to give myself more time to fish the last of the outgoing tide because I knew with the wind direction it wasn't going to play in my favor on the incoming tide. There my 5th cast with my Yum crawl produced a nice chunky 4 lber. wow i was pumped. Then i hit a 17" chunky striper on a crank bait after seeing a few swirls on some bait fish. Then the rest of my day was a big goose egg. I think I made the mistake of not going to Occaquan later, I probably would have enjoyed more fish. I tried to run to Mattawoman but the wind was to much made it accross but the waves were brutal so after 30 min.s I went back to Va. side were it was more protected. I tried up in Quantico Creek, then finished day on the rocks at Leesylvania from all I've been told you can crush some fish there but either they were tight liped or not there. At about 2:40 I packed it in and tied to the dock and hoped the only fish I caught for the day would hold. I guess if your only going to catch 1 fish in a day it great for it to be the one that counts.
    Again guys thanks and I hope to fish with you all again.:Fishing:
    2017 Ironman winner

so who won?
    </div>

Default Congrats Skeet1

Skeet1 won with a nice 4lb bass. Maybe we can try another Big Fish contest in a few weeks. Sunday December 13th will be the next tentative date. I will post more as we get closer.

It was a tough day for a bigger bite for the rest of us. We did catch fish just the wrong size. Wonder how the open out of Hope went???
    :Fishing:
    JJ
    2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

JERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

was only 2 boats JJ 10lbs won it
    Lenny