Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sidescan Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    Sidescan transducers can't go "thru hull", so they mount on the rear of the boat (mine), or some do it on the trolling motor (JLawX).

hope this helps...
    With the Hummingbird I have on trolling b/c you can't use sidescan >5mph so no big deal leaving trolling moter down. (I have a lowrance in my dash for regular). and for GPS the transducer can bu up or down no effect. I am just picky about drilling into my hull.

I am not normaly a structure fisherman but this HAS MADE me one for sure!!! Like Squire says it is SO easy to follow road beds or cast right to the structure how you like (just to the left / right, in front or on top) you basicly have a live map.

What I will say is once you get it it takes time to understand how what you see relates to the water and how to best tweek the settings. NOT hard, just you get much better with it as you use it. Like Squire at times when I want a break from casting I will slow ride a creek making notes on my chart and assigning waypoints for future use, great way to kill a few hours, and enjoy a good cigar LOL.

I am jelious of the new sidescans with top imaging WOW! all on a large 3-4 way split screen.

Lots more to Anna than I knew before sidescan!!!!!
    VAO Points: 40
    VAO Standing: Tied for last place
    2010 cost per fish (est 2010 equipment cost / fish): $10,000.00
    2010 Fish Caught: 0 / 2010 Largest: 0

FYI...Humminbird is now talking about their new "switchfire" mode that I mentioned earlier. It is on their site and apparently a free download to existing units just like the downscan.

http://www.humminbird.com/leading_in...witchfire.aspx
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    FYI...Humminbird is now talking about their new "switchfire" mode that I mentioned earlier. It is on their site and apparently a free download to existing units just like the downscan.

http://www.humminbird.com/leading_in...witchfire.aspx
    This is what Squire is talking about, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, buddy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12