Thread: What cold weather gear?

Default What cold weather gear?

What gloves do you like when fishing - I need something tight fitting, fingerless etc. Any thoughts?

I can't wear them when fishing. Shimano makes a pair that has index and thumb cut outs. Also if you get fish handling gloves you could cut the fingers off and they have grip on the palms and fingers.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Striper check out tacklewarehouse.com

Saw some nice gloves on there the other day.

i have several pair on the boat i have a pair for driving that are Gore-Tex with thinsulate, a pair of Mechanic gloves that i use while fishing and a pair of Neopreme that go to my elbows for anything that involves my hands in or close to the water.

And yes i am aware that I can't spell crap.

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Dicks has thin and tight fitting glove liners (15.00 ea) that help take the bite off, but the problem is when using a bait caster they get wet. The solution is to own mutiple pairs and use a latex glove over them for water proofing. I also have two heaters in the boat that are great for warming up the hands and heating up chocolate chip cookies, and coffee cups, lol. I use the cheep 1.00 a pr ea cotton glove liners with latex gloves and I put the Dicks pair on my christmas list.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

I have a couple pair of the fingerless, the neopremes for wind and water and use ski gloves when driving...my left hand seems to get and stay colder cause of the reel. I also put those hand warmer packets in the palms of my hand under the gloves. Just invested in a heater, but have not been out in cold enough weather to see how that's going to work...Dicks does have a bundle of cheap gloves (5 or so) for around $6 bucks. Big thing is to have multiple pairs so you can rotate them if they get wet...
    Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250