March 27th 2008

Went into the Pamunkey side of the lake this evening with Jim Martin, avid Lake Anna Striper fisherman. We were mostly looking for stripers and found alot of them, we just couldn't get any of the bigger ones to bite. We caught a couple smaller stripers and missed a few strikes on swimbaits. But...... Drumroll........ I did manage to catch a length citation Largemouth with my trusty jerkbait! Woo Hoo!.... it's second one over 7 pounds in the last two weeks!

March 22nd 2008

The temperature dropped to the 30's overnight which drastically cooled all the creeks and shallows. I had to pull out of the shallower water and find fish holding in deeper water (sometimes 20 ft) earlier in the day. By the later hours Jeff was cathing some nice sized fish on Flukes in lay downs close to deep water.

After I Dropped off Jack I headed back out with Taylor. We went back down to the lower end of the lake and cranked Rip Rap with Rattle traps and Crankbaits. I lost a really nice fish next to the boat and Taylor boated a couple nice keepers. The big one was about 4 1/2 pounds.

March 21st 2008

This was 7 year old Samanthas first fishing trip. Samantha, her dad and I went crappie fishing for the first part of the day, using small minnows on brushpiles and docks. She boated about 30 crappie, a few white perch, some catfish, and a ring perch. We then went up to the end off the North Anna and Samantha wrestled her first 2 pound bass off of a rocky point. Way to go!

After I dropped of Samantha and her dad off at the marina I went to check some of the warmer coves in the lower end of the lake. I found very productive pockets of 59 - 60 water in the back of coves that were around 54-55 at the mouth... I caught about a dozen 2 lb bass and a 4 pounder pictured above. Caught them all on a shakey head worm.