Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intalling new Fish Finder..

Default Intalling new Fish Finder..

I have an old Lowrance x37 and just recently purchased a nicer model, but the end connection is bigger so my old transducer will not work.

Anybody have easy instructions on installing a new fish finder on a bass tracker?

Thanks in advance

lowrance sells a pigtail that fit between old and new. Just went from a 302 to a 520 and had to do the same thing.

http://www.lowrance.com/ you may want to give them a call as some are out of date and they do not have the adapters anymore. My x 65 and x75 are no longer compatable with the new transducers as the cables have a shielded coax. You should have got a new transducer with your new sonar unit. Give them a call or research it on their website. They are good folks and if you are putting it on your trolling motor, call them and they will send you a transducer designed especially for your trolling motor that mounts on the bottom not on the side, because you will be constantly hitting it and can damage it. (BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT) Best of luck and God bless, Hawgman

Default new transducer

If you are going to put the new transducer on and you are throwing the old one out... cut the old cable at the transducer end and tape the new connector to that... you can then pull the new cable through the same area as the old one. It helps to route the cable in just a couple of minutes.

Make sure you get the transducer mounted level and at exactly the depth that the manual calls for. It will make a big difference in the way it reads and how protected it is from rough water and debris.

good luck!

Why you would have a new unit without the transducer seems odd...any company that will sell you a unit without one(batteries sold seperatly) gets a big no sale by me!!
    this says Im ripping you off!
    Go humminbird forget the rest!
    FISH-ON Giggity...

They did send me a new transducer, but I was hoping to use the old one and mount my new fishfinder up to it and use the new transducer up front with my old fish finder. I will ask Lowrance about an adapter so i can use my old transducer and just mount this new transducer with my old fishfinder.

Thanks

The guy asked for help here, he did not ask if the Lowrance unit was better than a Hummingbird unit. Just wanted to say to Outfishinu we on this board try to help each other not bash products. They are both good units. I just bought a Hummingbird 777c unit and it was sold to me as the Chart head only unit. Yes you can buy units from Hummingbird without transducers as I did because I already had a transducer that fit. I saved 70 bucks that way and don't have an extra transducer laying around. I have both a Hummingbird 777c and a Lowrance 520c on my boat and their both good products,infact I never saw a sonar unit catch a fish... only locate some so I could cast my butt off and try and catch a few. Enjoy whatever unit you buy and enjoy what life has to offer. For us that's catching little green fish. Bucketmouth...
    A bad day fishing beats a good day working,and if you happen to fish while you work count your self blessed.:Fishing

Default GPS

With this new fishfinder I it came with the LGC-3000 GPS Module which I want to intall as well.

Looking at the manual it talks about the NMEA 2000 network and installation. I will only be using the GPS Module and no other network devices. It says I need (mandatory) a Network switch installed and use the NMEA2000 power cable?

Do I really need this Network Power-Off Switch?

All you have to do is have power to the GPS module, which is the red, black and shielded wire. Red hot,black and shielded to ground. Put an inline fuse to it and hook it to a powered switch which you can turn off. I hooked mine to the main power switch on the boat. If you have it hooked to the power that you can't switch off it will drain the battery. Also the unit has it's own power wires. Both the gps module and the unit have to be hooked to power. Some people forget to hook the Gps module to power.Bucketmouth
    A bad day fishing beats a good day working,and if you happen to fish while you work count your self blessed.:Fishing

Default GPS

Thank you Bucketmouth. I'm not sure I want to hook this up to my main power switch so I will go out and purchase a new switch. Can you point me in the right direction on where I can buy a good switch?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast