Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydrilla

Grass carp can eat 10x there body weight daily and can reach weights of 100#'s, that's 1000#'s of grass a day for a grass carp at full size. Really I think you can take care of any grass problem with just one of them basteds

The grass above looks like what I've seen on rapp?

Hadrilla > Milfoil in my upion

what besides hay bales will kill hydrilla and slime in a pond?cheapest possible way please

So what does this plant mean in terms of fishing? I know I've seen lots of pike hiding in this stuff and it's usually good fishing if you manage to keep your line clear of it.

I think folks get all excited about any invasive non indigenous species taking over a body of water, because it may destroy the original plant life and upset the balance of life. I've heard many folks complain that the New River isn't the same from the Dam down to Whitethorne insofar as smallmouth fishing. They complain of numbers and of size and blame most of it on the abundance of grass since the River Course opened several years ago. I have also heard other theories which revolve around giant flatheads and musky eating all the bass. I also heard folks complain of finding worms in the meat of the smallmouth. They believe the worms are limiting the numbers, which i think is ridiculous. Those worms are in fish everywhere and people just cook them through or scrape em out. I tend to think the New just received too much pressure when its reputation started to overtake the James. Now the James is starting to produce citations in greater numbers. It could all just be cyclical.
    Thank God For Rednecks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12