Thread: Smith Mountain Lake Lodging ?'s

Default Smith Mountain Lake Lodging ?'s

Wife and I were talking about renting a house or something this summer down at Smith Mountain Lake. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where we should look to stay?
    Here's what we are looking for...

A house close to some sort of beach or other swimming area suitable to little ones.
    A ramp nearby where I could drop my boat in (and a dock at the house would be awesome).

Also looking for some good watering holes down that way.
    2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Overall Winner

2010 LAPR/VAO 150 Series Champion
    Walmart BFL All-American Qualifier

mark, you should check out the cabins at the state park. They are very nice, affordable, and the state park has all of those necessities you spoke of.
    VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Default Thanks J....I'll take a look at 'em.

2010 LAPR/VAO 150 Series Champion
    Walmart BFL All-American Qualifier

Jim Sutton, Jim Whittman and I stayed there for 4 days last fall....The cabins are basically small houses, driveway, grills, kitchens, etc....There were some local eateries that we partook in that were ok and they were close....and there are some you can hit via the boat.......
    cheers,
    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

the Cabins that Jay mentioned are nice. You would also be mid-lake, the state park as a beach area that is not bad. Take the kids to the Virginia Dare and got to the TIKI Bar let them feed the carp potato chips, it is nice and not a 10 minute boat ride from where you would be. Bridgewater which is at the Rt. 122 bridge and is only about 20 minutes on the water.

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

I stayed at Spike and Kathy's rental property, although I didn't fish with them they put us on fish. The 3 bedroom townhouse is very nice, clean and everything that you need. You can check out their web site www.spikesprimetimefishing.com and also www.vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner). They are on the main channel just north of the 122 bridge, you can boat over to restaurants/bar. They have a great view and even provide a golf cart to get up and down to the dock.

I fished with Kathy about 4 yrs. ago. She is a hoot and can put you on the stripers for sure.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Me and the wife + 3 dogs stayed at the cabins at the state park last fall. You have to book them pretty far in advance though. If you go cabin 17 is prabably the best being that it is on the water, no trees in front, looks straight out the cove and is the closest to the dock (about 60'). I have stayed at 7 or 8 of the different cabins over the years and have never had any problems. Just dont park on the grass the park rangers get very upset when you do that.
    2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Big Bass