Thread: Charter out of Chincoteague, VA

Default Charter out of Chincoteague, VA

Last year my brother in-law talked me into a charter with his daughters husbands. Needless to say I agreed not necessarily for the fishing but to spend some time with them. We pulled out 0530 and headed 25 miles out. Capt. stating they was biting the previous weekend. The Ocean was a wee bit choppy and it was in the middle of summer so Hot and Bumpy. When we arrived the first mate rigged up around 6 poles and off we went trolling around in circles for 3 hrs. It was around 10:30 when Lenny who was nominated first fish landed the attached Blue Fin Tuna. 100lbs. The rest of the day was spent driving in circles. Take a good look at a 1500 dollar fish.. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice fish!!!

Sometimes you get them and sometimes you dont. We have pulled our big boat to VA Beach many times to come back empty handed... Nice fish.

It seemed to be a bad day for most of the Charters that were out.. Wrong Weekend cause Capt. said they was tearing them up the previous weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZTG View Post
    It seemed to be a bad day for most of the Charters that were out.. Wrong Weekend cause Capt. said they was tearing them up the previous weekend.
    That is the story of my life.....

Need blade baits? Click here

It is an experience just being out there though. I love going offshore!