Thread: Virginia Pier Fishing Update 3-22

Default Virginia Pier Fishing Update 3-22

I felt the need to make the first post in this thread and give a quick update - you got a better chance of catching a fish in your local pet store than on a pier right now. Things should start to change fairly quickly but its still deader than Hoffa right now.

Default Buckroe Pier

I fished the pier Saturday evening. There were alot of small to medium spot a few small blues,and one 8 inch trout. The flounder fishing was a bust. Also they are not kidding about no beer on the pier. I saw 2 different folks get ticketed. One gentlemen had 2 beers in his cooler and was not aware of the rule. This was a very costly mistake. There were many not so serious fishermen and this makes for a bad experience in my book.

Did ya hear of any flounder fishing at any of the piers down there? Any other species being caught ? I am looking at heading down there next few weeks , never been down there was gonna try Sea Gull Pier and Lynn Haven pier if I am thinking right, will do a 2 day trip..... any input is appreciated....

Joefroggy

I will be going back down in 2 weeks. My wife and I will be doing a weeks vacation.From my experience fishing will start to change as the temps start to drop and the day light shortens.Last year we did well on Buckroe pier with eating fish. Flounder,Croakers,Trout and a few other species. I want to fish the Sea Gull pier as well but have not been there in 20 years. The fishing should only get better.