Thread: Trail Cam batteries?

Default Trail Cam batteries?

I am getting ready to start putting out trail cameras in a couple of weeks. My cameras take 6 - C size batteries each. I go through A LOT of batteries each season. I have been using whatever I can find on sale ...basically Coppertops, Ever-readys, etc. What brand do you guys use? Looking for something that will last for more two weeks at a time.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

I use Energizers for my cams but your problem may not be the batteries. Some cameras will just eat the batteries up. Some of the newer model trail cams are pretty good with batteries. The new Cuddeback is suppose to take 50,000 pics on a set of batteries. I think it's more the camera than the batteries as far as battery life goes in those things.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

Energizers are the way to go! It all depends on which brand camera you buy on how long the batteries will last....

I use the generics from BJ's Wholesale in my Moultrie's but they tend to last maybe 4-6 months at a time

Why don't they use the solar panel technology for these it's not like they're not outside all day. It would even be the greener way right.
    2017 Ironman winner

Some do have the ability to attach a solar panel. On one hand you would spend 10x less on batteries than what some people charge for solar panels - unless you burn batteries like Larry.

4-6 months on batteries???? WOW.....guess I'm in the need of some new trail cams. I have the older style Stealth cams. Carl.....I can't use the solar or the bigger batteries with cables. The bears would tear them up in a week.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Yeah Larry I get some serious mileage out of my moultries and batteries. Figure I set my cameras out the first of June and from one camera I have taken 1,000 pics and the batteries are at 75% but when I put them in the display read them at 89% so no telling how old my cheap batteries were or just how cheap, not old, they were

I ditched my Stealth Cam for the same reason. Not sure why but those things eat some batteries. Get you a Cuddeback, I get 4-6 months out of them regardless of the brand.

i'm still on the same batteries from last season. i have two primos truthcams. great cameras for the money. one of them i'm using the rechargeable batteries in. i keep taking in fresh batteries to change them but they're still at 60%, so i just left them. i'm putting in fresh batteries this weekend regardless though.