Thread: seagull and cape Charles piers

Cool seagull and cape Charles piers

I fished the Seagull pier last week and did poor. A few small spot and one small Blue. I was pleasantly suprised to find a free pier at Cape Charles. Not only is it free but the city has a blanket license for everyone to fish like the pay piers. We caught a assortment of species including Flounder,spot, trout, and puffers. A storm blew up and cut our day short so I think we could have done even better fishing a full day. Also we ate at StingRays restraunt and were very pleased with some southern style seafood. My wife liked the beach which is always a plus.

I hit Seagull Pier on Saturday from 1pm thru 9am Sunday. Weather was beautiful. We caught a few croaker, few sharks, and a small blue. There were only 2 flounder caught on the pier, saw about 15 sharks brought in, and a lot of croaker too. Pier was quite crowded. Had a good time there, was my 1st saltwater trip in VA. Was hoping for flounder. Wanted to really just check out the area. Next year will probably camp at State Park and take boat into Willoughby Bay, looks like my boat could handle that water there.....
    Joefroggy