Thread: Trail cameras stolen

Default Trail cameras stolen

Week after Irene.

Two DLC Colvert Assassin II cameras mounted in security boxes were located on my property behind my house. They have my name in perm ink inside the covers and are wothless with out the remotes to program them. Cable lock and padlock cut and the cameras, boxes, locks/cables removed. They also took a new drafting chair I had up inside my enclosed blind which was not locked. These have been back there for years with no issues and no pictures of anyone tresspassing.

Stafford sheriff was called and a detailed report was filed. Game Warden was called and is looking into the hunters on the ajacent property. Felony charges apply for items over $200.00.Total take was $825.00. Not that the thieves know or care that they stole from a Fed. Law Enforcement Officer, but they might shortly..........

As far as cameras go you folks may want to look at these:
    http://www.spypoint.com/EN/trail-cameras/TINY-W.html
    The probability of an adverse event increases in direct proportion to your lack of preparation for it. Carry your weapon.

Man that is really bad sorry to hear Mike hope they find the guys but its always tough to track these things down at times. Hope you get a lucky break.

Hope they catch and make a example out of them. I always hold my breath when nearing my camera locations for this reason.

Not quite done with this yet.
    The probability of an adverse event increases in direct proportion to your lack of preparation for it. Carry your weapon.

Default Stolen TrailCamera

Mike, sorry to hear about your equipment. The more I hear about stuff like this the more I realize that a lot of people are just common. A few weeks ago my wife parked her car on the road in front of our home, left her door unlocked and someone stole her GPS. Its a shame there are so many dispicable people in the world. Hope you find them!

My brother lives in GA and said that someone was stealing stands, quads, feeders, and all kinds of other things from a club he was a member of. They left another quad out on the property but installed LoJack. A couple of high school kids got the surprise of their lives when the police showed up.

Sorry to hear about your camera, Mike. That happened to me last year on a farm I hunt in Rockbridge County. I bought locks and security boxes and I'm worried to hear they weren't effective either.

What's the statute of limitations for larceny?

Hope they get caught, I hate a thief!

I know I have had a portable blind and a tree stand taken from private land in Fauquir Co. Hopefully all these people will get caught..

stupid theives. i hate to hear about this. i know a guy who put a sticker in his cams that say "property of game research department. this device is GPS equipped. if found, do not remove or relocate" sticker looks all professional. it's been opened before, but never stolen!