Today is September 17 and we have just had our first major cold front of the year. Even though it is still late summer, it is starting to feel like fall. I had to dig out my sweatshirts from the closet this morning. With the passing of the front, the water temps have dropped and the fish are getting their fall bite on!
Don't forget to take advantage of the September Super Sale at Anna Point Marina, there is only a couple of weeks left to receive the STORE WIDE 20% discount on ALL tackle items!!!!!!!!!! TFO Rods & Lew's reels will have a seperate discount.

BASS- From now through November start your day by looking for fish SHALLOW. The backs of major creeks will be a hot zone for the next couple of months as long as MOM NATURE doesn't start throwing major cold fronts our way. Lipless crankbaits will be a great choice for your search bait, cover alot of water looking for baitfish. Once you catch a couple of fish in a small area, slow down and pick the area apart with Tiger Shad Spinnerbaits, Burton Minnows, Zoom Super Flukes and a variety of top water baits such as Pay Check Baits Repo Man, Super Spook Jr's, Pop R's and Buzz Baits.

Once you have caught the active fish in the area slow down even more and go after them with shaky head rigged plastics and jig & pig combonations. After you have compleated steps 2 and 3, move on and repeat step 1. Great areas to start your search are Pigeon Creek, Sturgeon Creek and Contrary Creek in the mid lake area. If you want to go down lake start in Rockland Creek and move to Levy Creek, Blount Harbor and Valentine Cove. If venturing uplake on the North Anna side, Duck in Hole and Goldmine Creeks are very great but popular choices. On the Pamunky arm Plentiful Creek, Foremost Creek and Terry's Run can produce both quantities and big fish for you. Good luck and dont forget to check your drag!!!!!!!!!!

STRIPER- The convicts are starting to make their fall run up both arms of the lake. Start looking for them above Stubbs Bridge around the mouth of Plentiful Creek on the Pamunky side and Christopher Run and above on the North Anna Side. We are starting to get a few sea gulls at the lake and they can be very helpfull on locating fish for you. If they are swirling and breaking on the surface, I like throwing Broken Back Red Fins to them. If they are feeding a little bit deeper than a Bass Assassin Salt Water Sea Shad rigged on a 1/4oz jighead is your best option. If no active fish are around and you find them a littlke deeper in the water column, Toothe Ache Spoons will put fish on ice!!!!!!

CRAPPIE- The Specks, Freckles, Croppie, Paper Mouths or whatever you would like to call them have started making their move up to shallow water to get fat and happy before old man winter gets here!!! The are on bridge pilings, boat docks, lay down trees and rock piles. These tasty morsals will take a variety of baits, small minnows rigged on a slip bobber is a great way to entice them. I like fishing boat docks this time of year as they are difficult to get under with the water level being at full pool. They will not receive the fishing pressure like other areas. Two inch curly tail grubs on a 1/16 jighead or tube baits can put numbers in the boat for you in a short amount of time. Remember that you will have to sort through several small fish from this years spawn to catch the ones that you want to keep. It is not unheard of for 2 anglers to catch 100 or more in a day. Have fun and don't forget to invite me to DINNER!

Lake Level- Full Pool

Water Temps- Throughout the lake low to upper 70's

With the reactors being off line at this time, there is no current coming through Dike 3 and therefore the water temps are much cooler down lake the normal for this time of year.

Chris Craft
CCBASSN Lake Anna Guide Service
540-894-6195
540-895-5770
540-895-5900
ccbassn@aol.com
www.ccbassnlakeanna.blogspot.com

Click here for more...